Enjoying the Motherhood Journey - Care to join me on the ride?

Enjoying the Motherhood Journey - Care to join me on the ride?

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I have a happy child

"Education commences at the mother's knee, and every word spoken within hearsay of little children tends toward the formation of character."
-- Hosea Ballou

Raychel is over 5 months old. She laughs, coos, makes bubbles, screams, sticks out her tongue, and of course smiles at you if you call out her name. Ever since she was first born, I would always sing to her b-c that's my form of bonding and teaching. This quote above really depicts her character development and I'm happy to have so far raised a bright, happy and loving child. When people compliment Raychel by saying she's a good and happy baby, I feel very proud and blessed - I'm doing a good job.

The following songs I sing to her which help her growing process:
  • The alphabet in both English and French
  • BaBa Black Sheep
  • Frere Jacques
  • Alouette, Gentille Alouette
  • Twinkle Little Star
  • You are my Sunshine
  • Row your Boat
  • 1234567 Violet Bicyclette
Interestingly, Raychel enjoys me singing to her even if I make up a song - like impromptu. I made up this song called, "Let's sing our Manner" which incorporates Cantonese and French terms. Also, I made up a Cantonese/English song for her when she drinks her milk b-c I don't know any Cantonese songs or nursery rhymes and I feel that it's important to keep up with her Cantonese. It's actually quite funny b-c I learn a new Cantonese word ever day so all the songs I make up use the words that I've learned and I basically repeat them so that we both won't forget. Ray thinks I'm funny but he is impressed that I'm making an effort and I've clearly improved my skills tenfold.





No comments:

Post a Comment