Enjoying the Motherhood Journey - Care to join me on the ride?

Enjoying the Motherhood Journey - Care to join me on the ride?

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The beginning: My Inspiration

"Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother." -- Lin Yutang

In Spring 2008, I had lunch with two good friends. Everyone was sharing about the direction they wish to take for their future and what goals they'd like to accomplish within the next five years. When it came to my turn, I was surprised by the response that came of my mouth: I wanted to be a mother. I didn't have my career or traveling on the top of my list- this was it. I love being in the workforce, learning more about society, being involved in my family and friends lives and working towards improving my self both physically and mentally - but what would truly make me feel like I was empowered is by being a mother to someone.

November 14 2009 I felt my first feeling of empowerment. Raychel Lai Ying Johnson-Kam was born at 2:50 PM. It's almost 5 months now and everyday; I feel myself growing and getting stronger with empowerment.

Here's my personal equation: My empowerment=Inspiration+Raychel

*Thank you in advance for taking this journey with me...


No comments:

Post a Comment