Enjoying the Motherhood Journey - Care to join me on the ride?

Enjoying the Motherhood Journey - Care to join me on the ride?

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Raychel's developmental milestones

Raychel has been growing up so quickly - it's amazing on how much developmental progress she's made. Like her gross motor skills for example: holding up all 20lbs of herself while she's standing up with support from chairs and sofas. Or her fine motor skills like taking her favourite rattle and shaking it loudly and also feeding herself by picking up her Gerber star shaped puffs and putting them into her mouth. She def likes looking at herself in the mirror and touching her reflection. And so much more, it's hard to remember them all. From all these behaviours, it doesn't seem like she's behind in her growing development. I'm happy for this b-c I know it's a challenge for both parents and child when behaviour development is progressing slowly. I recognize every child is different so it's important not to panic if she can't do all the things that's required/expected of a 10 month old.

One thing she likes to do is drink from my water bottle. I let try it once after I drank my bottled water in front of her and she seemed quite curious about my action. So I let her take a sip and to my surprise she drank it - no mess! It's like she already knew what to do. I know drinking from plastic water bottles aren't good for the environment and other cons to drinking from a bottled water but I was proud that my daughter could do it all on her own. Whenever she wants a drink, I support the bottle for her and she will put her hands around it too like she's actually drinking it on her own.

What a smart kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment